Monday, June 29, 2015

Celebrate Red, White and Blue!

We live outside city limits and as long as there isn't a burn ban, which isn't likely this year because of all the rain, we'll celebrate the "Fourth" in style with hot dogs and fireworks!  We'll decorate too of course, and I recently picked up some red, glass votive candle holders.  My friends at etchall know how I love to decorate my patio in summer, so they recently sent me some spiral hangers for glass votive candle holders.  They're designed to be placed inside a wine bottle (with the bottom cut off), but I had a different idea.  Apart from the fact that I didn't have any colored, glass wine bottles, I kinda liked them hanging alone.  Need to add here that you can use empty plastic soda bottles instead of glass bottles. Just cut the bottom off with a pair of scissors, so you can add the votive candle holder like this.


I really love this look too, but I think I'd etch designs on the outside of the wine bottle, but that's a post for another day....... after I find an empty bottle.....  maybe after the Fourth.... wink, wink...

So here's my red votive candle holder.  

 
I use LED lights and they look really festive hanging around the patio, but I prefer a diffused look, so I etched the inside of each glass by filling each one with etchall® dip'n etch  

  

and now they look like this.



It was SO easy.  I poured dip'n etch liquid into each candle holder, then let it stand for 15 minutes.  Dip'n etch is reusable, so always return to the bottle, so you can use it again and again then rinse and dry the votives.  I love that now you only see the glow from the candle and not the candle.

 

I have clear glass votives that I can also use to decorate, all I need now are some blue ones!  The one shown below was etched on the outside and I used star stickers for the design.



Hope y'all have a happy Fourth.  Stay safe, stay cool and, in case you're wondering, we have Fourth of July in England too, but we don't celebrate............ wink, wink......  y'all come back now.

Yours truly,
Julie :)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON CRAFTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment