Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lost In Time

I've just spent the last 2 days looking thru literally hundreds, probably thousands of photographs taken over the past 35 years or so.  Apart from the 7,000+ lingering in iPhoto on my desktop computer and on my iBook I have shoeboxes full of prints.  Yes I admit it, most of them are still in shoeboxes.  Can you imagine how many albums I'd need if I scrapbooked even half of them........!!!!!!!!  We'd need a whole room for them, maybe even a small house!  My children enjoy looking at them just as much as I do - and they haven't even seen the slides yet - but half the fun is just sitting on the floor, flipping thru each photograph, a surprise at every turn.  It always takes us on such a wonderful journey back thru time.

One day, hopefully in the not too distant future, I will make books of the most important photographs for each year.  They will be "McGuffee Family Yearbooks" (or Annuals).  Then, of course I can see a book of my family photos taken over the years before I met my husband, entitled "Where did Julie/Mum/Nana Come From?", or something to that effect,  and there'll be another to chronicle my husband's early years.  We both come from very prolific family photographers, so I have a feeling I need to hurry up and get started.  I should start with the digital ones first.  I've been preaching for years not to let our children grow up to be jpegs and I'm the worst offender.  One power surge and all their scrapbook moments will be gone in the blink of an eye.  At least I have negatives of all the 35mm photos I've taken and that's a very comforting thought.

Yours truly,
Julie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment